This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you purchase through my links (at no extra cost to you). I only recommend companies that I have personally used, love, and trust.
Here is some tips on how to choose a newborn photographer for you and your baby. Parenthood is a beautiful, complicated journey. From the day you first hold your little one in your arms until the moment they take their first steps, each milestone deserves a celebration. One of the best ways to do that is by booking a session or membership with an experienced Indianapolis newborn photographer. You’ll also get beautiful family memories to cherish for years.
How to Choose a Newborn Photographer with These 3 Considerations
Indiana is home to many talented photographers, but finding the right one to document your family’s memories can be daunting. There are a few things to consider when searching for the perfect baby photographer:
- Style of photography: Each photographer has a unique editing style. When looking at the photographer’s portfolio, consider what you prefer. Do you like light and airy images or more moody and dark? If you’re not sure, consider how you decorate your home. Ask yourself if this photographer’s photo style would hang nicely in your house. My style is light and vivid. I aim for your portraits to be timeless images for many years. Also, does the photographer include family and siblings? I love having all family members in the shot (you can even add on family pets at an additional cost)! Through my lens, I love documenting candid moments with a lot of emotion.
- Availability: Photographers are in demand and usually book clients well in advance. I recommend booking newborn & maternity pictures when you’re in the second trimester of pregnancy. However, it’s not too late to reach out and see if your preferred photographer has availability around your due date.
- Photography budget: There is a baby photographer for every budget. With photography, you do get what you pay for. High-end equipment, education, insurance, high-quality styling, and client closet dresses come at a premium. You’re not just paying for the hour session. It’s time to take detailed care with edited images for your online gallery. If you’re looking for a full service session, you can expect to pay more for all the perks.
With some research, you can find a photographer who will document your family’s unique story beautifully.
The Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Photographer
There’s nothing quite like professional photography. An experienced photographer knows how to record every detail and emotion in a way that amateurs can’t match. You may think that taking a photograph on your phone is just as good—but there are several advantages to working with a professional Indiana photographer instead, including the baby’s safety, equipment, and extensive training. If you’re located in central Indiana, it’s close by to visit my studio located in Westfield.
Safety Comes First
When it comes to photographing children, safety is the number one priority. Well-trained photographers know how to safely handle newborns and infants with care so that they take pictures without compromising their comfort or well-being. As a newborn photographer, I have high-quality wraps, posing tools, outfits, and hair accessories that keep babies comfortable.
Photographing Baby’s First Year with a Membership Plan
I offer a VIP membership plan, a client favorite when families welcome a new baby. The membership is an excellent option for busy families who want to stay on top of documenting maternity photos through the baby’s first year. VIP members choose up to 4 sessions over 18 months and receive a discount. They also can add exclusive petite sessions not generally offered, like pregnancy announcements, Fresh 48 sessions, and seasonal mini-sessions. The most popular session types for members include:
- Maternity sessions
- Newborn session
- Baby 6-month family portraits
- Baby 1-year cake smash family session
How to Choose a Newborn Photographer
I hope you found some helpful tips on how to choose a newborn photographer. Working with an experienced photographer is a great way to document your little one’s milestones in stunning detail while keeping them safe and comfortable. From newborn photography to 1-year cake smash, I’m here to help. I take on a limited number of babies monthly, so what are you waiting for? Contact me today to check availability and start planning your memorable photo session. I can’t wait to hear from you! Want to keep reading? Check out these blog posts:
- The Best High-End Indianapolis Baby Boutiques
- Newborn Photography Carmel Indiana: Top 5 Benefits
- Zionsville Photographer: 10 Must-Have Items for a Baby Registry
- Carmel Newborn Photographer – What to Wear for Newborn Photos
Don’t forget to check out Virginia’s post with an in depth interview with Birmingham Breastfeeding.
Till next time,