Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
As one of the most memorable and celebratory days for your little one, their first birthday is a special day and should be documented with beautiful photos to last a lifetime. Cake smash photography in Indianapolis is the best way to document your baby’s first birthday uniquely and creatively. With a timeless, light, and airy style, I take pride in creating stunning keepsakes for you and your family to cherish forever.
Why Cake Smash Photography Indianapolis?
Cake smash photography completely differs from traditional portrait photography as it offers a fun-filled, bubbly atmosphere that ignites joy within the children participating in these sessions. Not only do these pictures document priceless expressions and reactions on your child’s face. At the same time, they get messy with cake, and they also bring out natural innocence and purity. These photos give you memories that will last a lifetime and are something you’ll treasure forever.
Choosing a Cake Smash Photographer
With so many fantastic cake smash photographers in the market, picking the right one to document this special moment might feel overwhelming. Although cake smash photography is slightly different from other types of photography, with some research, you’ll find the perfect photographer for the job! Start looking for photographers specializing in cake smash shoots: what props do they use? Do their photos include siblings and family members? Can you envision your baby’s photos looking as beautiful and timeless as theirs? Take your time choosing; this is such a critical moment that you’ll want to cherish its photographic memories for years.
What to Bring to a Cake Smash Session
Are you getting ready for cake smash photography? This session is so much fun for everyone involved and helps prepare ahead of time! You’ll want to discuss with your photographer beforehand what items they provide versus what you provide. Here is a list of things you’ll need for a cake smash photo session:
- Smash cake – these are smaller than your typical cake and can fit on a small high chair easily. I always recommend 1 tier, with white or cream frosting, for a timeless look. Also, we don’t want the cake to be so tall that it blocks your adorable baby’s face.
- Baby outfit – Rompers are a favorite for one-year birthday sessions—rompers with some texture photograph very well, such as this lace romper from amazon. Bows are also adorable for girls.
- Spare clothes – I recommend bringing the baby in an everyday outfit and changing into the clothes you want to photograph when you arrive at the session. Either way, ensure you have clean clothes for the baby to go home in.
- Props – Again, the photographer may provide some props. In my studio, I do florals and offer a vintage white high chair for all cake smash sessions! You may want to add a cute cake topper, like this boho one from Amazon.
- Wipes & towels – Be ready for some messiness on photo shoot day! Depending on how messy your little one gets with their cake, plan with wipes and towels on hand so they can clean up afterward.
With these items, you can have an unforgettable cake smash session!
Moms – get in the cake smash photos!
Moms, listen up! I know cake smash photography sessions are adorable and fun for your little one to look back on for years, but I also want you to get in the photos. We all know how easily moms can get forgotten in the picture. Cake smash photography can be the perfect way for you to make sure you get in the frame. It’s as easy as booking a cake smash photography session and taking turns holding your little one while getting some mom, dad, and sibling pictures. Sure, it’ll be messy—but it’ll also be so much fun!
Cake Smash Photography Indianapolis
If you want to document some genuinely incredible photos on this particular day, look no further than cake smash photography in Indianapolis! I’ll photograph stunningly beautiful keepsakes for you and your family for generations. Contact me today so we can help create those priceless memories that will last a lifetime!!
Finally, you may also want to continue reading:
- Indianapolis Baby Photography: Steps to Stylish Artwork
- Indianapolis Portrait Photographer: The Process of Creating Beautiful Photos
- My Amazon Favorites for Baby Photos
Till next time,
Leave a Reply